Canadian Betting Sites
Best Betting Sites in Canadasecurity Secure verified_user Trusted thumb_up Verified
- 888sport100% up to $200 on your first depositBet NowNew customers only | €10 min deposit | The bonus will be applied once the full deposit amount has been wagered at least once with cumulative odds of 1.5 or greater. Wagering must be cleared within 60 days.
- Spin Palace Sports100% Match up to $200 CADBet Now1st Deposit - Free Bet up to $200 • New customers only • Min deposit $10 • 5x wagering at odds of 1.3+ to unlock free bet • Terms apply
- Sports Interaction100% Bonus up to C$200Bet NowNew customers only. Min $20 deposit. Max $200 CAD bonus. Rollover is 10x deposit + bonus.
- William HillUp to $500 CAD in Free Bets (Promo code: CAN500)Bet NowMinimum deposit is $20 to unlock this offer. Use promo code CAN500. 1st part of bonus equal to 50% of that bet up to a maximum of $100. Please see full terms on WilliamHill site
- Betway100% Deposit Bonus up to $200Bet NowNew Canada customers only. Opt-in required. Bonus based on 1st deposit of $10+. You will get a 100% matched bonus up to $200 based on your first deposit. Full terms apply.
- Bet365Get up to $200 in Bet CreditsBet Now
- Bodog100% up to $200 Welcome BonusBet NowThis bonus can only be redeemed on your FIRST DEPOSIT. Rollover is 5X Sports | 5X Horses | 40X Casino.
- BetzestGet $5 Free No deposit bonus + 100% bonus up to $100 on your first deposit.Bet NowThe minimum deposit in order to take advantage of the Welcome Deposit Bonus is $10 or currency equivalent. The maximum Welcome deposit bonus is $100 or currency equivalent.
- 10bet100% up to $200 welcome bonusBet NowNew customers only | Min. deposit $15 (no Skrill/Neteller) | Bonus amount is 100% of deposit up to $200 | Wager the qualifying deposit and bonus amount 5x within 30 days to convert bonus winnings into real money
- PowerPlay Sports$250 Free BetBet NowFirst Time Depositors will get up to $250 in Free bets. The free bets will be issued as matched bets of up to $125 on the first two bets placed by the customer. Bets must be on odds of over 3.0/+200.
What Sites Should I Use for Online Betting?
Canadian gamblers have been overlooked by many of the main bookmaking firms for a long time. A quick look at the markets on some of the big companies’ sites will show a lack of bets focussing on traditionally Canadian sports. You may also encounter problems getting the European sites to accept bets in Canadian Dollars or money transfers from Canadian bank accounts. Thankfully, the increase in Canadian-owned betting sites and some European firms investing in dedicated sites means that there are now more options available for Canucks.
Almost all sites offer books on Sports, Casino, Poker and Slots. The range of individual markets will vary between sites, but all major sports are catered for as are the main Casino games and variations on Poker. All sites have differing odds, deposit and withdrawal limits, customer service levels and promotions. Here is a brief overview of all the main sites available. This list isn’t exhaustive and there are other online bookmakers available.
Canadian Based Sportbooks
These sites were either founded or owned by Canadians. As you would expect, they have a focus on Canadian customers and sports and are ahead of the curve on their European rivals in these areas and are Canadian betting sites in the truest sense!
Sports Interaction: Founded in 1997, this is a Canadian site which has books available on Sports, Casino, Poker and Slots. It offers 24 hour customer service and a 100% bonus on initial deposits up to a value of $100.
Bodog: One of the biggest names in sports betting, it has an excellent reputation for reliability and customer service. Another Canadian firm, it too offers a 100% bonus up to $100.
These firms will be more familiar to British based gamblers having built up a reputation over many years in that country. They are now beginning to look to expand in other territories and have made their sites more Canadian-friendly through improved customer service, banking options and tentative explorations into Canadian sports.
Bet365: One of the biggest names in European online gambling, Bet365 has gained it’s reputation through the sheer volume of bets available. However, being European it does fall short in Canadian sports, but it offers a 100% bonus on deposits up to £100. Definitely one to look out for as I suspect it will not want to miss out on dominating the Canadian market as it is beginning to do in the UK.
Betway is a strong, reliable UK name whose strength may be on soccer, a growing favourite in Canada (the 4th most popular sport behind hockey, football and basketball) but who has also be gaining ground on other traditional north american sports.
Spin Sports is one of the recent comers on the Canadian market and their fresh-looking site, very inspired by their initial casino offering, is very nice to browse and offers the player an entertaining experience. Their “special spin” regular promotions (mega boosted odds on key events) and their welcome free bet of up to C$200 would be appealing to any Canuck player out there.
William Hill: William Hill is probably one of the most trusted and well established name in the UK gambling industry. As British as tea and crumpets, William Hill tends to rely on it’s reputation ahead of enticing new customers with special promos. It does have a decent range of markets and it’s 100% up to $200 bonus isn’t to be sniffed at. It too is lacking when it comes to Canadian sports. I also feel that their odds aren’t as generous as others such as Bet365.
There truly is a multitude of online betting sites out there each with their own identity and reputation. It is up to the customer to look at what all the various sites offer and to make a choice based on what suits your requirements. You may be interested in a large first deposit bonus, the best odds available, the widest range of markets or a site that is catered towards Canadian gamblers. No matter what you are looking for there will be a site out there that best suits you.
Is Online Betting Legal in Canada?
Canadian gambling laws can be somewhat confusing. If you are a resident of Canada and interested in having a bet online you may stop and ask yourself if what you are doing is legal. In 1970, legislation was passed allowing individual provinces to regulate it’s own laws on gambling. This saw a dramatic rise in the popularity of gambling with an increase in casinos and racetracks. Sports betting is subject to different rules from those that apply at casinos and at racetracks and as such it is something of a grey area.
Strictly speaking, sports betting is legal, but restricted. You are allowed to bet on three or more events in a parlay bet, but not permitted to place a bet on a single sporting event. Steps are being taken to lift this restriction, but in the meantime you can rest easy in the knowledge that there are many online betting sites where single bets are entirely legal. The reason for this loophole is geographic. While it is illegal to frequent unlicensed betting houses or for companies to operate betting sites from Canada, many firms get round this by basing their servers outside of Canada. The argument is that as the servers are outside of Canada then people playing them are not betting in Canada.
Furthermore, there are no restrictions on Canadians becoming customers of European based gambling sites so there are many legal options for Canadians to bet online. Canadians can enjoy the full range of betting options available in other countries without fear of arrest or prosecution. To date no one has ever been faced a criminal charge for betting online in Canada.